Here we have collected some cute photos of baby´s best friend. Studies have shown children growing up with a canine best friend teaches responsibility, empathy and non verbal communication skills earlier than their pet-less counterparts. Not to mention developing immune systems at less risk of asthma and allergies.
It goes without saying safety in the home is priority, it is important your dog is child friendly before introducing them to your loved ones, but also that children understand how to play non aggressively with their pet. Most importantly, a child gains a wonderful companionship; loyal, unconditionally loving and never critical. A doggy best friend can provide a sense of security in the home.
…And if that doesn´t persuade you, here are just a few (of many) ways in which a dog best friend can benefit a child´s life:
- Kids with pets get outside more to go for walks, run and play.
- Learning to read often becomes funner and more comforting to read aloud to a pet.
- Nurturing a pet is an acceptable way for boys to “parent play” to practice being caregivers.
- Feeding and caring for a pet encourages childhood responsibility.
- Children with pets display improved impulse control, social skills and self-esteem.
- Sharing the love and care of a family pet forges an additional common bond among siblings.
- Cuddling a pet reduces stress, loneliness and anxiety.
And let´s face it how can this amount of fun not be good for your baby!