Gudog team found out that today is the #BorderTerrierDay on Twitter. We couldn’t let the opportunity slip and so we share with you some interesting facts and tips about these awesome dogs. And remember – soon you will be able to leave your pooch in the experienced hands of Gudog’s caregivers.
Did you know that..
- the Border Terrier originated in northeast England, near the border with Scotland, during the 18th century?
- these good-natured dogs were originally bred to assist in foxhunts, hence their powerful drive to dig?
- the male Border Terriers are about 13 – 16 inches tall, while females reach 11 – 14 inches of height?
- they love to be with their humans, and when left on their own, they can be noisy and destructive?
- Border Terriers do well with other dogs and with family cats?
- these dogs are active and bouncy. They love jumping up on people to greet them?
- Border Terriers become overweight easily? (So be sure to watch closely its diet, if you happen to own one)
And today our readers get a bonus link to a Animal Planet video about Border Terriers!