Have you ever looked after a dog who suffered from separation anxiety? Did he seem to be nervous or instable? Did the owners tell you that his/her attitude was unusual?
Some dogs are completly desorientated, even with the smallest change. In fact, dogs are sensitive to the routine and when it changes, their behaviour also evolves.
The first signs of anxiety can be noticeable during the first 24 hours of the watch.
Some anxiety signs:
- Barking non-stop
- The dog keeps doing the same movements
- He can hurt itself on purpose (stereotypes)
- He can wait nervously in front the door
- He can destroy objects (most of the time it happens when you let him alone)
- He can urinate or defecate inside the house
- He can try to escape