When you beckon your dog over with a treat to sit or give paw, do you really know what you are giving them? Probably not unless you’ve made it yourself.
And that’s why we’ve come up with this festive Halloween treat which is healthy, easy to make and most of all, yummy:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of powdered milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Approx. 2 and 1/2 cups of brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano or parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350º F).
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and the pumpkin puree and add the powdered milk, salt and oregano.
- Gradually incorporate the brown rice flour and mix through with your hands until you get a slightly rigid and dry dough.
- Stretch out the dough on a floured surface until it is 1/4 or 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into shapes of your choice.
- Place the biscuits on an oven tray covered with a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Lightly pierce the dough with a fork in the middle of each biscuit.
- Bake in the over at 170 degrees C for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently turn over the biscuits. Put back in the oven and bake for another 1-10 minutes.
- Let the biscuits cool and serve!.
- Brown rice flour gives the biscuits a crunchy texture and allow for a better digestion for your dog.
- What’s more, this easy and healthy recipe is also suitable for humans, and it’s gluten-free.
We hope that you enjoy making these biscuits as much as your canine friend enjoys wolfing them down!