There is nothing like the pleasure of knowing what our dogs really eat every day. When we beckon them over with a treat to sit or give paw, do we really know what we are giving them? Well, what better than making the treats for our doggies ourselves?
Let’s make the most of Halloween to treat our four-legged companions to something healthy, easy and most of all, yummy:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of powdered milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Approx. 2 and 1/2 cups of brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano or parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350º F).
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and the pumpkin puree and add the powdered milk, salt and oregano (optional).
- Gradually incorporate the brown rice flour and mix through with your hands until you get a slightly rigid and dry dough.
- Stretch out the dough on a floured surface until it is 1/4 or 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut the dough with a biscuit cutter of the chosen shape (bone, heart, etc.).
- Place the biscuits on the oven tray covered with a sheet of parchment paper (not previously greased). Dock the dough with a fork in the middle of each biscuit (optional).
- Place in the oven (previously heated) and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and gently turn over the biscuits. Put back in the oven and bake for another 20 mins.
- Let the biscuits cool.
- Brown rice flour gives the biscuits a crunchy texture and allow for a better digestion for your dog.
- What’s more, this easy and healthy recipe is also suitable for humans! As it is gluten-free, even coeliacs will have the pleasure of trying out these yummilicious biscuits just like everyone else around the table.
We hope that you enjoy making these biscuits as much as your canine friend does wolfing them down!
Recipe translated into English from elpastis.com